We are overjoyed that you desire to present your child for dedication to the Lord. This is a
special time for you to come forward with your child and publicly state your intention to raise
your child to love and obey Jesus Christ. It always needs to be stressed that baby dedication
has no special power to save the child. God makes it clear that no one is saved by being
baptized or dedicated or through any other kind of ceremony. People are only saved when
they admit to God that they are sinners, that they believe Jesus died on the cross to take the
full punishment for their sins, and who turn from their sin to receive Jesus as their Savior and
This means the significance of baby dedication lies more in the dedication of the parent(s)
than in the dedication of the child. Ephesians 6:4 commands parents to dedicate themselves
to bringing up their children “in the training and instruction of the Lord.” That means that you,
the parent, dedicate yourself to teaching your child about God’s ways and values and truths,
and to urge him or her to accept Jesus as their Savior and Lord as soon as your child is able
to understand such things.
If this is the commitment you would like to make before God and our congregation, please fill
out the following form and return it to the pastor.
1. Your name _____________________________________________________
2. Telephone _____________________________________
3. Full name of your child _______________________________________
4. Child’s birth date ___________________
5. Place of child’s birth ______________________________________________
6. As your child’s parent, do you understand that the dedication of your child obligates
you to actively train your child to follow God’s ways?
7. Was there ever a time when you chose to turn from your sin to accept Jesus as your Lord
and Savior for the rest of your life?
If yes, please describe on the back of this page the circumstances surrounding your decision
to accept Jesus as your Savior.
Baby Dedication Application